Tyvek® Building Wraps vs. Zip System® Wall Sheathing
It’s virtually impossible, and prohibitively expensive, to build a wall system with no risk of air and water infiltration. So, it is essential to limit the amount of air and water that can enter while increasing the drying rate of the wall assembly. That’s why choosing the best available weatherization system is key to a building’s durability.
DuPont™ Tyvek® building wraps give you the job-site durability, performance and ease of use needed to build more comfortable, longer-lasting and energy-efficient structures. Trusted by building professionals everywhere, DuPont™ Tyvek® building wraps, part of the complete DuPont™ Weatherization Systems portfolio, provide superior performance compared to ZIP System® wall sheathing (wood-based sheathing with a water-resistive overlay) as further described in this document.
DuPont™ Tyvek® building wraps deliver superior overall performance versus Zip System® wall sheathing in the following categories:
• Ease of installation - Tyvek® Building Wraps are easier to install
• Durability - Tear-resistant Tyvek® Building Wraps stand up to tough condition
• Water Resistance - Tyvek® Building Wraps deliver superior water resistance, while ZIP System® wall Sheathing require reverses shingling
• Drying of the wall system - Tyvek® Building Wraps promote fater drying, while ZIP System® Wall Sheathing may contribute to trapping moisture
• Air infiltration resistance - Tyvek® Building Wraps contribute to energy efficiency
DuPont™ Tyvek® building wraps are highly tear- and UV-resistant products that can be installed faster and easier than the ZIP System®. DuPont™ Tyvek® weatherization products provide property owners and management groups with a system that is highly resistant to bulk water and air infiltration while allowing excellent wall system drying. The use of DuPont™ Tyvek® building wraps with today’s wide array of sheathing options results in a more durable and forgiving wall system when compared to current WRB-laminated wood sheathing products.
Download the whitepaper to check out the difference in details: