Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
- Bushings in New EGR Valve
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vespel® SCP High Temperature Polyimide Parts
- High Performance Polymers
Vespel® Authorized Distributors
For Authentic Vespel® stock shapes, rods, plaques, and tubes buy only from a DuPont authorized distributor.
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
Authentic Vespel® Shapes
Authentic Vespel® shapes are the source of machined components, and the relationship between process, size, becomes critical. Therefore, it is important to make certain that the particular shape being used is produced by DuPont in the particular size and composition as was specified during the qualification process.
AURUM® Resin Families
AURUM® resin families are thermoplastic polyimides that are melt-processable lending itself to fabrication methods such as injection molding and extrusion.
Processing Precautions for Mitsui AURUM® Resins
AURUM® thermoplastics polyimide resins are melt-processable and can be injection molded or extruded for conversion into parts and shapes. AURUM® resins containing PTFE and processed at high temperatures require AURUM® Processing Precautions.
Processing Guide for Zytel® HTN Family of Resins
Molding guide for Zytel® HTN family of resins, which are based on similar, but structurally different semicrystalline, partially aromatic polyamide copolymers.
- Kalrez® Parts Reduce Wafer Contamination
- Kalrez® Bonded Door Seals
- Kalrez® 9100 for lower contamination
- Kalrez® Parts Heat Resistance
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts