Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
- Bushings in New EGR Valve
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- High Performance Polymers
- High Performance Materials
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant Grades
Crastin® SF resins are tailored to reduce your molding cycle time with superior flow properties that enable filling of the mold at lower melt temperatures.
- Kalrez® Composite Seals
- Automotive Seals
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
- Kalrez® Slabs and Sheets
Chemical Resistant Elastomers
DuPont has a portfolio of chemical resistant elastomers and thermoplastics to match a broad spectrum of challenges – from aggressive automotive fuels to custom industrial equipment.
- A Guide to Elastomer Properties
- Heat Resistant Elastomers
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts