Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Plastics For Sporting Goods
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
Hub Bushings For Copiers
Hub bushings designed using DuPont™ Vespel® and Minlon® keep copiers running smoothly.
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- High Performance Polymers
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
Processing Guide for Zytel® HTN Family of Resins
Molding guide for Zytel® HTN family of resins, which are based on similar, but structurally different semicrystalline, partially aromatic polyamide copolymers.
- Solar Junction Box Materials
Delrin® 100 Series
Delrin® properties of the Delrin® 100 series make it the premier resin of choice in the most demanding applications where the ultimate in toughness combined with high strength, creep and fatigue resistance are required.
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
- X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Polymer Properties Guide
- Flame Retardant Polymers
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.